The EMDR Association of Australia was founded in 1998 and, in addition to supporting practitioners, sets the standards for training, accreditation and consultancy in EMDR.
EMDR is endorsed by:
- The International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies – 2009
- The Australian Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health (approved by the National Health and Medical Research Council) – 2007
- American Psychiatric Association – 2004
- US Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense – 2004
- Northern Ireland Department of Health – 2003
- Dutch Guidelines of Mental Health Care – 2003
- Israel National Council for Mental Health – 2002
- Clinical Division of the American Psychological Association – 1998
To maintain and promote quality and integrity in EMDR practice, research and education. To provide an independent non-profit forum for professional practitioners using Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) psychotherapy and to raise the profile of EMDR in Australia. To uphold the mission, purpose and values of the EMDR International Association.
Privacy and Security Policy
We collect your name, postal address, email address and phone number when you pay for a membership subscription or other service such as workshops or conference fees. We use the information we collect to further the objectives of the Association. This may include providing you with newsletters and information relevant to your role as an EMDR Therapist. We do not pass your information to any person or third party.
We do not collect nor do we see your credit card details. All credit card transactions are made using an independent payment gateway with security features required or approved by our bank.