Please note these below links are offered for information purposes and do not constitute an endorsement by EMDRAA nor do we bear any responsibility for the content or accuracy of these external sites. For any enquiries, regarding these links, please do not contact EMDRAA, but contact the sites directly regarding their content.
Medicare-rebated counselling sessions will be available to those affected by bushfires through the government’s new Bushfire Access Program. Please click here. Details are available on the Department of Health website.
An article by Joe Tucci from the Australian Childhood Foundation for those affected by the bushfires. If you haven’t read it, here it is.
Below are simple messages that parents and carers can give children to support them in response to the bushfires.
Download the poster here.
- Helping Children and Young People Cope with Crisis (Australian Red Cross)
- Useful skills for disaster recovery: the importance of social connections
- NSW Rural Adversity Mental Health Program
- Returning home after a bushfire evacuation (Australian Red Cross)
- Beyond Blue – Looking after yourself after a disaster
- Centre for Rural and Remote Mental Health – Coping with the Impact of Bushfire
- Black Dog Institute – Coping with the stress of the bushfires