2017 Subscriptions are open. Join or renew here!
There are two levels of membership:
Full Member – for those who have completed EMDR Basic Training. The Basic EMDR Training program comprises 50 hours:
- 20 hours of training,
- 20 hours of practice and
- 10 hours of consultation with an EMDRAA Approved Consultant.
Associate Member –
- For those who have an interest in EMDR therapy
- For those who are have not yet completed the Basic EMDR Training.
We currently have members who reside in Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific area.
How to Apply for Membership
Evidence of completion of EMDR training and at least 10 hours of case consultation must be submitted to the membership officer via email email@example.com before you complete the online application.
- Evidence of EMDR training: please email your training certificates.
- If you do not have a copy of your training certificate, an email/signed letter from your EMDR Trainer supporting you have completed the training requirements will suffice.
- Evidence of at least 10 hours of case consultation: please email your completed case consultation log. This needs to be verified and signed by your EMDRAA Approved Consultant.
Step 2: Complete the EMDR Membership Online Application Form and pay the membership fee
Step 1: Complete the EMDR Membership Online Application Form and pay the membership fee
Upgrade from an Associate to Full Member:
Step 1: Complete the online Associate to Full Member Upgrade Form
- During the membership calendar year you may upgrade from Associate to Full Member if you have completed Basic training criteria – the Basic EMDR Training program comprises 50 hours: 20 hours of training, 20 hours of practice and 10 hours of consultation with an EMDRAA Approved Consultant.
- If the upgrade from Associate to Full member occurs in the same calendar/membership year there will be a cost of $50.
Processing of Applications
Once your Application and supporting documentation have been received, your application will be sent to our Membership Officer for verification of eligibility. Once that has been confirmed, your Application for Membership will be ratified at the next EMDRAA Board meeting, in accordance with our Constitution. The Board meets monthly, so it may take up to 4 weeks for you to be advised of the outcome.
Please note: Your application will not be processed until you have provided evidence that you have completed the EMDR Basic Training Program.
For existing Members, your membership is automatically renewed when your subscription is paid.
PRO-RATA FEE: For new membership applications in the second half of the year (after 1 July) there is a reduced fee of $60 for Associate Membership and $90 for Full Membership. Because membership runs from 1 January to 31 December each year, membership renewal will then be due at the start of 2018 at the usual fee.